Monday, April 19, 2010

Shaped card

Hi Everyone!! Hope you have had beautiful days! Today is my DHs birthday and we are just chillaxin' as we went out yesterday to dinner and a movie. I made him homemade meatballs and spaghetti for dinner and 2 pans of homemade brownies for today!! He is my chocoholic!!

Well, I just love shaped cards and am not sure why I don't create them more often!! I was really happy to have a shaped card challenge posted by Jan over at My Sketch World. You have to go check it out because there are some amazing cards posted for this challenge!!

I went with a cupcake shape since my niece's birthday is coming up.... she is quite the lil' crafter herself and loves to receive special things!

Cupcake card



I just really love how this turned out!!! I made my own stickle like mixture to cover my cardstock with Martha Stewart glitters after I embossed on it, it turned out great and I love that it looks like the cardstock actually came that way but it didn't!! To top the cherry off I used some Diamond Glaze. I love how quickly that stuff dries! A little doodling on the base and I was done.

Thanks for sharing this fun card with me today. Hope you are inspired to get making some of your own shaped cards soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!