Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inchie Love

Inchies are miniature works of art created on a 1", 1.5", or 2" base. They can be square or round, if they are round they are called rinchies. I have been racking up quite a few of these little gems and am currently working on sewing some onto a canvas bag. It's a slow process since they are so stinkin' small, but I know I am going to love the bag when it's finished.

Scrapbook News and Review Magazine has calls for these every month and I would love to see some of my blog friends send them in for possible publication. The call for the month of May is Canvas. That means your inchies need to be created on a canvas background. Here is a set I created for SNR on some mini canvases I picked up awhile ago:

Butterfly Inchies


To make these, I misted up some dictionary paper and let it dry while I adhered some chipboard butterflies I cut out with a Spellbinders die. I used gel medium as my adhesive for this. The gel also acted as the glue for the paper when I layered it on top. The tape is from 7 Gypsies and I drizzled some tar gel over each piece just for fun. My final touches were some bling and glitter to the butterflies. I love glitz! These are hung up in my scrappy space and since I don't have a big one, they're perfect.

Here's a set of rinchies:

Joy Rinchies


Aren't they too stinkin' cute?! I think I put these together in all of about 10-15 minutes. It could have been less, but I decided to use some UTEE and paint with my embossing folder. After that it was lickity split.

Even if you don't submit any inchies or rinchies for publication, I REALLY hope you do though, you should give them a whirl. They are so easy to create, use up some scraps, and can be used in a variety of ways.

Hope you've had a good Wednesday.



3 comments:

  1. Love both the inchies AND the rinchies! You are tempting me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous work dear friend.. so much so that i have something to share with you.. and award.
    check it out...
    http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/2011/04/versitile-blog-award.html

    hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Scarlett, these are adorable!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!