Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Today's the Day!

As you can see by the date of this post, I had all intentions of being timely on announcing the winner of my blog candy. Then I got a little caught up with stuff going on, sorry about that. But, today is for sure the day! I know had a few (3 to be exact) friend's comments fall off when blogger went down. No worries, I know who you are. So without anymore lolly gaggin' the winner of my blog candy is.............

Comment #2 - Angele!!!!

Yay Angele! Please send me your info to scarlettsalamone@mac.com so I can get this out to you!


A big HUGE thank you to all my friends who stopped by and left me some lovin' and became new followers. It really makes my day seeing comments from you. I am going to look forward to doing this more often as I have plenty of things I could be sharing.

On to some other stuff......

My delightful friend Bev, honored me with an award quite some time back. I am horribly embarrassed it's taken me this long to share.



Cool award, huh? Part of receiving this award is to share 7 things about myself with you, so here goes:

1. I am a faithful woman and put all my trust in God. Without His presence in my life I would not be the person I am.

2. I have a pet rooster....yes I said pet rooster, LOL! he follows me all around my yard all whenever I am outside and is quite the handsome fellow.

3. I have been a paper fiend for as long as I can remember. Although I had no idea what scrapbooking was a kidlet, I was throwing down with the paper and art supplies.

4. I love bacon! I mean who doesn't?! But I seriously could eat a pound of it by myself in a heartbeat.

5. I am loyal and would do anything for those I love.

6. One of my biggest desires is to go to Africa on a missions trip to teach in orphanages.

7. I would someday like to start an organization for inner city kids dealing with issues of abuse, neglect, self-esteem, etc.

There you go. 7 new tidbits about me. the other part of this award is to pass it on to 15 other blogs I love. I'll be working on that part of this today and posting those soon.

In the meantime I'll end with some Scrapbook News and Review stuff.

The latest issue is available and it is amazing! There are over 500 projects in it and you are sure to find something to inspire you. Not only that, but the second part of it will be coming in just a few short weeks and you absolutely won't want to miss it. It is all tutorial based and there are soo many learning opportunities in it! I have certainly picked up some new techniques from my fellow staffers in it.



Be sure to head on over to SNR's call area. There are just a few more days to submit your fabulous projects for potential publication.

How about a project to end for today? Sounds good to me!

Blended With Love


To create this project I used a mix of October Afternoon Modern Homemaker, Thrift Shop, and Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers along with elements from October Afternoon, The Girls' Paperie, Maya Road, and Cosmo.



I love clustering and am super pleased I found a way to use these blenders, LOL! The fresh milk bellie was created by stamping my Maya Road milk cap stamp into some heavy gesso and then painting it after it dried. Stamping into goops is a totally cool way to create your own embellishments!



Here's my journaling. I feel really blessed to have a family blended with lots of love!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your day is blessed with all things wonderful!




2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you, Angele! Scarlett, I love your "blended with love" layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful LO, Scarlett! Love your colours and the clustered embellies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!