Friday, September 16, 2011

T.G.I.F.

For real! It's been a long, crazy, hectic week around here. Boy oh boy. Lots of running around, kiddos getting sick and banged up from sports, big people trying to hold it together, LOL! So anyhoo, I'm really thankful for today and the fact I don't have to set an alarm tonight!

Thought I'd pop in and share a couple projects and tell you about some haps upcoming for the weekend.

I must say my love for paints and all things messy just keeps growing and growing. I can't help but get giddy every time I open a jar of goop or reach for a new stamp/stencil. In fact I'm anxiously stalking the mail today because my new Crafter's Workshop stencils should be here.... well part of them anyways.... a couple sold out and will be shipped later, I couldn't wait! LMBO, it's bad. But, I ramble so on to the projects.

God Given Treasure


Lots of messy goodness going on here and I loved every second of creating it! I used a random ripped piece of cardboard for my base and began adding layers of paints, stamps, and other mediums to create a background. Then I built up from there with all my embellies and pictures.

Here's some deets:


The frames for the pictures are from Maya Road and I jazzed them up by adding some homemade glitter glue. The deer is stamped on Ranger sticky back canvas and then painted with some watercolors. The cloud is chipboard, if I remember correctly, that I painted and then added some molding paste to through a stencil.


This is probably my favorite portion of the LO. I love all the drippy paint, shimmer from mists, and how the bird turned out, although I wasn't sold with how it looked at first.


Aren't those little duckies adorable?! They're Sass Lass stamps stamped onto sticky back canvas and then watercolored. The letters were made using raw Maya Road chipboard and decking them out. I've got a tutorial in the magazine if you'd like to learn how to make them and if you don't have a subscription, you really should consider it.

Tree Tag


A quickly made tag with a painted background, some book paper, a decked out Maya Road chipboard tree, and some stamps.

All my shares today were pubbed in the June or July issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Be sure you make your way over there to see the Scor-Pal event that's live right now and be on the lookout for The Cat's Pajamas and Shimmerz this weekend! I'll have sneaks of my projects and some more full projects to share as well. You won't wanna miss it.

There's also the My Sketch World ABC crop going on. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to get to play this year, but if you're looking for a fun place to hang, be inspired, and crop....it's the place to be for shiggity.

Thanks for stopping by today, and a big Hey Gurl! to my new followers: Chantal, Heidi, Barb, Natasha, Veronica, and Dawn. I hope you find yourself getting creative at some point and if you don't think you have the time, make it. (insert a big cheesy grin here please).
~Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!