Monday, January 30, 2012

Make a Wish....

... is what I'll be telling my daughter to do soon.  Her birthday will be here in a matter of weeks and she is in full blown all about me mode already, LOL!  This year she's hoping to have a sleepover.  I told her she could, BUT her room had to be cleaned and it was to be done by her (okay well mostly by her with a little cleaning fairy help if she shows good effort... wink).  I know if this all goes down, I'll be the one in panic mode as to how to get everything just right so I decided to eliminate some of the pressure by getting her card made.

Lucy's sketches at MSW are always rockin' and I grabbed January's to make this:

Many layers of paper, chipboard, burlap, and stickers - the tag is chipboard covered with paper and a light coat of gesso, then I stamped the sentiment - a brad with the fasteners as antennas for the butterfly


Make a Wish

Lots of Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe, a fav still, along with Maya Road chipboard and pin + some Sassafras brads - Not too sure I'm sold on my ink blotches turned out for this one, but such is life - used a corner punch from an around the page punch for edges

from this sketch:


 Phew, one thing off the list of birthday preparations.  I've been looking online for party inspiration, if we're going to do a slumber party, we're going to do it right.  This is my fav so far:


The girl loves zebra print and candy so I'm thinking this is surely on the right track!  I'll keep looking though.  Where do you go for party inspiration?


2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is party inspiration central! I am so happy to see your work again - it is such wonderful inspiration. This card is no exception - just so cute?,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is off the charts AMAZING! Happy Birthday to the dd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!