Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Take

Hey there.  Hope your weekends are going fabulously.  I spent yesterday at an indoor softball tourney my DD had.  My DS came along to keep me company and we all had a really wonderful day.....long and tiring, but wonderful.  Another wonderful thing in my world is when I find new sketch sites to check out.  Lately I've been stalking the Skissedilla blog and this week I finally got a LO done using one of their sketches.  
I made this:
 Using this sketch:

 My take is essentially much busier than the sketch, but the basis of its still there.  That's what I adore about sketches.... they can be used a jump off point to get things started and the rest goes wherever the page leads you.

Here are a couple quick deet shots for you:
I used a peeling paint technique to reveal the patterned paper used as my base and then went over it with lots of mists, gesso, and ink to grunge up the background.
I added some trim to the bottoms of the clouds and layered up lots of Sassafras papers that had been cut apart.  I love how the twine turned out for the girl to be holding on to.  Twine seems to be my latest obsession.  I'm constantly looking for ways to include it on what I make.
 I'm hoping I make it back here today because that would mean I actually got some things done for the Sketch-A-Thon going on over at My Sketch World.  Lucy's celebrating her 6th Anniversary of having MSW and our gifts are sketches everyday!!  WaHoo.  Hope you pop by and join in the fun.  There are a TON of great prizes and things up for grabs!






1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!
    I just love it!
    All the beautiful details, the layers and AAAAALL that colouring! Love it, love it, love it!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!