Sunday, April 1, 2012

Skissedilla #157

Hey there and happy Sunday to you all.  Its dreary and cold here - one would think I'd be bummin' about that - actually rather glad.  I've got a couple projects in the works I want to finish - plenty more I want to start.  My first box of chipboard from ScrapFX arrived!!!!! and I so cannot wait to get started playing with some of that as well.  What about you?  Any scrappy plans for the day?

If you're finding yourself with a lack of mojo - or adore sketches as a launching pad - head over to Skissedilla to check out sketch #157 created by Nabon.

This week I stuck pretty close to the sketch - rearranged my photos a bit so I could fit all 5 - I think that's probably close to a record of some sort for me since I'm typically a 1-2 photo scrapper - oh how my iPhone has changed all that!
The stamped image on my LO replaces the tractor - you can see I took inspiration from the squares for the background I created
Letters are from Crate Paper and October Afternoon - I ran the woodgrain OA letters through my Cuttlebug and embossed them with a woodgrain folder - outlined them with a Sharpie - the other letters were outlined with a white Sakura gel pen - some bits of tape, journaling, and a stamped doodled border made this little corner feel complete.  The journaling reads: its always been a struggle for me to celebrate myself.  I'm a people pleaser through and through.  At 35....
...I want more.  I want to learn how to truly embrace who I am.  I also used the quote from the book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett to go with my pictures - although I modified it a bit - "You is Kind, Smart, Important" - I believe every girl and woman should be told this repeatedly every day - for real.  The stamped image was colored with mica powders and a waterpen - love this technique and use it most often for my stamps.
Background was created with colored gel medium rubbed through a Crafter's Workshop stencil with my finger - allowed it to dry completely then added the ink splots through another CW stencil and Tsukineko VersaColor ink - the grid paper is actual grid paper from the office supply store.
That's it for now friends.  Hope you play along at Skissedilla this week.  We've got a new Selected Scrapper for the month and a fun RAK up for grabs.  

On the pneumonia front - thank you all who've prayed and offered special thoughts - I feel much better and am hoping the last of this garbage will be out of my system for good.  Again, thank you.

Have delightful days - See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and congrats being DT at scrapfx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME!!! Totally love this soooo much!!! Fantastic work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is beautiful Scarlett! So glad you are feeling better and that you have joined us again at MSW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!