Sunday, April 22, 2012

Skissedilla #160 - The Promise {ScrapFX}


Skissedilla sketch #160 is up and its another fun one!  I am always so inspired by the sketches the Dilla gals create.  This week Carrin gave us another terrific 8.5 x 11 sketch to work with!  When I started my page I had no good clue where exactly it would take me.  All I knew was I wanted to use this piece of ScrapFX chipboard:

My computer hasn't been playing nice - can't give you the details of product #, etc. right now - can tell you I gessoed the chipboard - painted with yellow glitter glue - brushed on gold mica flakes - and painted the ring - the diamond has some sparkly Goosebumps texture spray over it
and this picture I staged of my engagement ring:

Chip Chop Shop doily, washi tape roll, Prima flower (old school Prima, LOL), and my ring on top.
I brought them together, along with the sketch, to create my page:

Tad funky and eclectic - wasn't sure I was diggin' it at first - but it showcases the beautiful ring my hubbie picked out for me - has all sorts of snibbles of things I love - and I managed to use some of the mini heart confetti I've had hanging out in my stash for quite some time.
Sketch #160 - tons of possibilities!!!  Play along!!
Gel medium through a Crafter's workshop stencil - colored over with black gesso and Pan Pastels - doodled over with paint through a stencil and Caran D'Ache NeoColors II - heart confetti adhered with spray adhesive and some gel medium - lots of layers - cutie lil ScrapFX fairy - so sparkly misted with Psst! Shimmer spray (Tsukineko).

That is all for tonight - already took foreva' to try to get this post up - silly computer - fingers crossed for a new one or somthin'! ;0P

Have great starts to your week!



2 comments:

  1. Super fun take on the sketch Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Scarlett!!! You make the most stunning pages! I don`t know how many times I have saidit, but I LOVE YOUR STYLE!!!!! There are so many details on your pages, that you can sit and look at it forever. And your photos are perfect :) A big hug from me . Have a nice day. Love Brit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!