Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Magic of Bubbles - Skissedilla #229

Hello There!  It has been a flurry of activity around my house as I prepared, set up, and participated in the first of a few markets for the season yesterday.  It was a blast as I had my baby girl with me helping and I'll be sure to share photos soon.  

In the meantime there is a new sketch out at Skissedilla for you to play along with during the month of November:


The lovely Brit created this one and you have oodles of time to join on in with the new adjustments to our posting - one sketch per month now instead of weekly sketches.

My page started off looking like this:


I had a vision of where I was going to go with my page and began playing with some watercolors along with my NeoColors.  I'm really smitten with circles these days in my projects.  I've always had a thing for them when I doodled and that dates back to when I was a youngster in school - zentangles of circles could be found all over my notes. ;)


I continued to layer up the circles using a variety of stencils to help out this time.  I used a few bits from the Studio Calico Sundrifter Mask and then of course I had to use my all time favorite stencil now - Random Dots from ScrapFX.  Each of these were used with some modeling paste and once dried they were highlighted with different mediums - the Sundrifter circles with more NeoColors to blend in and certain Random Dots with a Stabilo pencil.


With some very simple layers, ScrapFX chipboard, a couple wood veneers, letter stickers, and some stamping my final page came together quite quickly.  I really wanted to create a string of bubbles that seemingly continued on from the ones my niece was blowing in the picture.  Since the picture is more of a silhouette I didn't want too much going on around it - the background was busy enough - and so simple layering with the cheesecloth under seemed to work best. 


As you can tell I continued the circle theme throughout the entire page by using a Hambly transparency with circles, a graphic chippie from ScrapFX with circular elements, and of course the stamping is all about the circles.  I worried it might be overkill but in the end I liked the flow it created.  The chippie here was altered up with some black paint, decked out with a little touch of sparkle, and then highlighted with just hints of white gel pen. The words and letters are from Cosmo Cricket, Amy Tangerine, and ScrapFX.  I love, love the new vellum letters/words from Amy Tangerine - wish I would have picked up two packs of each!!

So there you have it the Magic of Bubbles and Mittens because yes my niece is in fact wearing mittens while she is blowing bubbles in the middle of some of the hottest days we had this past summer - that is just how she rolls - ha!  She found them on the porch from when I'd been pulling weeds since I couldn't find my proper gloves to do it with and thought they'd be the perfect addition to blow bubbles with - I think so too!!

I do hope you join us over at Skissedilla - check out what the other DT have been up to and we have a magnificent Selected Scrapper joining us this month as well!!

Take good care and enjoy your Sunday!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful project! I love all the bubbles and creative background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!