Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! - Skissedilla April Sketch

Hey There Scrappy Peeps!  Its a new month and that means a fab new sketch is up for you to play along with on the Skissedilla blog!  


This month's sketch was created by the lovely Linda O.  I'm thinking this one will be used again in a variety of ways - it was super fun and my page came together in a snap, no easy feat for me - for reals!

I had such fun this month using some spectacular papers sent to us from Studio Tekturek.  These papers are wonderfully thick and I delighted over all the bold colors and various designs to choose from.  They were certainly the perfect choice for these hilarious and sweet photos of my girly and her BFF from a photobooth.  Girls do just wanna have fun, don't they?  



Here you can see the patterns and colors of the papers a bit better.  The one thing I get a bit bummed over about creating 8.5x11 pages is the struggle in posting pictures on the blog that are big enough without overloading people's browsers - ha!  So forgive me if I overload you with closeups.

For the background I layered up some gesso rather messily and allowed it to dry.  Then I slapped on some acrylic paint in messy fashion and added in some ColorShine using a credit card.  To break up the mass of yellow with a touch orange I sprinkled on some glass beads and added in some neutral stars and clear pink sequins.


For the title I cut apart a 2x3 card included on a 12x12 sheet of the papers from Studio Tekturek and used a strip from the bottom of a 12x12 piece for the Sweet Memories portion.  I seriously can't believe how many bottom strips with great wording/design I've tossed away in the past.  I need to incorporate these little treasure strips a bit more I think.


One last shot showing off the word blah - I just had to include it because it made me giggle.  I loved the card filled with all the blah, blah, blah words and quickly cut one out for this corner.  I added a cut out star and ScrapFX  mini feather to balance it all out and a trickle of little glass beads and some mist splats.
 
Like I shared earlier this was a really quick scrap - well at least for me - I didn't labor over this page for days on end - LOL!  I know its because the Skissedilla sketch made it really simple for me to get going with an idea and run!  I do hope to see you join us.  We have a great selected scrapper this month, the other DT have terrific inspiration for you to check out as always, and there is a fun RAK up for grabs!!




2 comments:

  1. This is totally fabulous! The pics are too cute and I love the background work...gotta get me some of those micro beads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those layouts, they are just precious!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!